Duration: 2 day- 16 hours
Language: Greek and English
Certificate of specialization
Health Care constitutes an multidisciplinary teamwork process that must be regulated by the proper exchange and management of objective and reliable information related to the patient’s condition. Proper keeping and recording of this information, ensures the continuity and effectiveness of the patient’s care, prevention of adverse events and avoidance of errors. A significant proportion of untimely occurrences in medical structures are due to deficits in communication between Doctors, nurses and laboratory staff. The medical record must contain precise details in order to accurately implement the treatment plan and carry out objective assessment of the patient in order to make appropriate clinical decisions.
The importance of properly completing the Medical Record is a major issue in Medical Community.
The Medical Records:
- Facilitate patient care
- Allow any Physician, Nurse or other health professional to understand the status of patients being care for.
- Provide the basis for the proper investigation of cases to achieve the best treatment
- Offer a method of communication between members of the Clinic
- Meet up with the Legal and Ethical Obligations to patients, the Hospital and the Legislative Requirements for clear and legible records.
- Act as evidence in the event of future disputes over the services and operations provided.
Electronic Medical Record Records (EMRs) offer the benefit of instant access to the Patient Medical Record by any authorized person.
The program covers the training of professionals in the field of Health, Medical Record Control and Quality, in the design, development and implementation of methodologies for creating, maintaining, recording and checking the completeness and accuracy of patient records. This program will highlight the importance of recording critical information, the proper way of keeping a record and identifying the health professional who recorded the information.
Finally, the mechanism of the clinical-medical audit its explained alongside with its use for the internal function of medical structures and its role in working with insurance organizations-companies.
- Health Information, Medical Information
- Introduction to the Medical Record, definitions
- Medical File Contents
- Legislative framework
- security & quality of information
- Management of information, users, user rights
- Preservation of Medical Records
- Electronic Medical Record, introduction, features, articles
- Advantages of Electronic Medical Record
- Disadvantages of Electronic Medical Record
- Health data protection
- Medical Audit, Basic Principles, operation of the Medical Audit Department
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE
- Health Sciences students
- Doctors / Nurses and other Health Professionals or other specialties working in the Health Sector
- Consultants – Internal Quality Assurance Systems Inspectors
- Quality Managers in Health Services