Duration: 5 days- 40 Hours
Language: English & Greek
Certification of Specialization
Quality management training program is referred to the planning, development and implementation of QM methodologies applied in the healthcare services sector seeking to improve effectiveness of operations and to increase treatment outcomes and patient satisfaction within the service. With an aging population and rising health care costs, quality management in health care is gaining increased attention and it is always allied with patient- centered care (as customer- centered services in all sectors) as well as with safety and value-based healthcare.
Effective quality management is focused on the needs of the patients as patients’ involvement in their care has proven being a major factor of the overall clinical performance of the provider. Patient needs and patients’ expectations affect the finally declared satisfaction.
Quality management in health care requires the close cooperation of people with diverse professional and education backgrounds. Service providers through their top management teams should prove their commitment on the shared goal of providing quality service, and to activate the required actions, first of all by assigning in a leadership role, the Quality Manager who will coordinate the system applications and motivate all employees.
In this training program the professionals will acquire the essential knowledge to effectively plan, develop, implement and monitor an effective and adequate Quality Management System in the healthcare settings. This is a program that leads to a certification of professional knowledge and specialization in accordance with international standard ISO 17024.
Participants will acquire basic knowledge and skills regarding the following major issues:
(From ISO 9001:2015 program)
- The Plan, Do, Check, Act (PDCA) cycle
- The core elements of a management system and the interrelationship between top management responsibility, policy, objectives, planning, implementation, measurement, review and continuous improvement.
- Knowledge of the requirements of ISO 9001 regarding Management Systems/ EN 15224 for Quality Management specifications in Healthcare and the commonly used quality management terms and definitions, as given in other MS international standards
- Principle of Quality Management and Other Basic Quality Concepts
- Main principles of Quality Management and Continuous Improvement in Healthcare Services
- Roles and responsibilities in Healthcare Quality Management
- Applying quality improvement methods in Healthcare services
- Risks allocation, evaluation and management in Healthcare settings
- Audit Planning / Audit Checklist / Corrective Action Request and Audit Reporting
- Audit methods
- Internal Control, Monitoring the Measurements and developing corrective action plans to prevent the occurrence of risks and promote quality and safety in Healthcare.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE
- Students in Health Sciences
- Medical Doctors/ Nurses, other Healthcare professionals or professionals and other specialties occupied in the Healthcare Sector
- Quality Consultants with experience in the development of QMS in the Healthcare Sector
- Quality Systems’ Auditors in health services
- Quality Managers in healthcare facilities