EuroMediterranean Institute for Quality & Safety in Health Services, member of WHO Global Patient Safety Network (GPSN), is officially registered at the Charter 2020-2021 Health Worker Safety: A Priority for Patient Safety of World Health Organization.
Following the establishment of the World Patient Safety Day, on September 17, World Health Organization developed an international platform to exchange experiences and know-how in prioritized activities, in the context of the promotion of Safety in Health Services.
EIQSH, as an ambassador of GPSN actions, invites Health providers in Greece to include in their operation, programs to achieve these goals, and their inclusion in the WPSD initiative by registering at the link that you will find here. The training of the employees is an important activity that could the basis of introducing this program.
At the same time, EIQSH intends to support these actions and bring together the various initiatives in an annual report to be completed in early September 2021. If you would like to take part in this action, please get in touch with us by sending your message here.
WPSD Goals- World Patient Safety Day 2020-21
- WPSD Goal 1: Prevent sharps injuries
- WPSD Goal 2: Reduce work-related stress and burnout
- WPSD Goal 3: Improve the use of personal protection equipment
- WPSD Goal 4: Promote zero tolerance of violence against health workers
- WPSD Goal 5: Report and analyze serious safety incidents
The Euro-Mediterranean Institute, advocating on the safety goals for Health Professionals and Patients in Greece, has prioritized the promotion of a package of training programs focusing on the WHO Charter Health Worker Safety: A Priority for Patient Safety, for the period 2020-2021. These programs include the following training modules:
- Basic principles against Covid-19 transmission for health professionals
- Advanced protocols for patient management in the Covid-19 pandemic
- Medication applications risks management and errors prevention
- Managing Patient Safety Risks and Corporate Risks in Healthcare Organizations
- Occupational Health and Safety in the Healthcare Sector
- International practice and guidelines for hygiene, cleaning and disinfection in the healthcare settings
- Cultural sensitivity and Healthcare sector
- Communication within the multidisciplinary team for errors prevention- Critical incidents reporting systems- adverse events recording and monitoring
For any question or clarification do not hesitate to contact us!